Tuesday, July 15, 2008

California...California...Here we Come!

We had a fabulous time in sunny California last week, and I am finally getting around to posting about it. It was really good to see Ken's parents and his siblings. (His parents were kind enough to let our clan stay at their house) We spent a lot of the time just hanging out and relaxing, but we did some really not so relaxing things as well!

On Monday night, Ken and I took all of the kids (our kids, and his brother's 3 girls) to the Braves/Dodgers game. It was so much fun! Ken LOVES the Braves, so I think it was the highlight of the trip for him. Even though the Braves lost big time, we enjoyed it. We got a lot of comments about being some of the few Braves fans in the crowd, but that made it even more enjoyable for me. :)
On Tuesday, we went to Sea World with our kids, Ken's brother Rick, his wife Denise, and their 4 girls (Emily, Kelsea, Amber, Lindsey). It was so much FUN! We started the day off with a ride on Journey to Atlantis...SO fun. Aden just barely made the height requirement of 42 inches, so he was able to ride with us. It is a pretty scary ride, and I wasn't sure how he was going to handle it, but when we got done he said "I want to ride that ride every day!" Then we decided that we were going to go see a Dolphin show...Aw, aren't they so cute and adorable, and look at all the tricks they can do...Oh, we may get a little wet because we sat in the front row and they will probably splash us a bit...WRONG!! We got DRENCHED! I'm talking like someone took a barrel of water and poured it all over us. That dang dolphin wasn't about to stop either! It went on and on for what seemed like forever. After that, we didn't think the dolphins were so cute anymore, and thanks to them we were WET ALL DAY LONG! We spent the whole day at Sea World, and we had a blast. We ended the day with Shamoo...and I must say, Shamoo was much nicer than the dolphins!
Ken and I made the journey home on Wednesday afternoon WITHOUT the kids! Ken's mom offered to keep them with her for the week so we could have a little break. I have to say, I thought it would be a nice break, but I sure am missing them a lot!!!!

4 comments:

The Luke Family said...

SO fun, guys!!
Cute pictures too! I love to read your blog, sister.

I bet you are missing those 3 cuties! : )

Love ya!!
Karyn& Co.

Nicole said...

I freakin love it! You look hot in a hat! I MISS THE KIDS!!!

Chelsie said...

What a fun trip. It reminds me that maybe I should take one. I bet you are totally missing your kids. Just think they will be home soon!

Anonymous said...

Looks like you had a ton of fun. I know what you mean about missing the kids. You want them gone for a little break and then when you get it, you just want them back. LOL So fun! Love the pics.