HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!! Here's a little survey about my 2008...
Kissed someone new?
Nope. I only kiss two people...Ken and Aden!
Done something you've regretted?
Hmmm...Just the fact that I didn't get my butt back to school like I had planned.
Not this year
Tripped over a coffee table?
Uh, maybe I did--I'm not really sure!
Came close to losing your life?
No, well, unless you count the times in the car when Ken was driving...Ha ha ha
Read a great book?
I read the Twilight series, they were pretty great!
Grow apart from anyone?
Did you change at all this year?
I'm pretty sure I did. I know I got fatter! I think I changed in other ways too. You'll have to ask Ken.
Did you get your hair cut?
YES! And now I want it to grow back!
Were you in school?
No--but my kids were, so I pretty much was too.
Did you get good grades?
Jared got dang good grades, and I helped him with his homework! Does that count??
Did you have a job?
Did you own a car?
Well, I don't own a car, but I have one that I make payments on. :)
Did you move at all?
No, I wish!!
Would you change anything about yourself now?
UM, YES! I'm gonna work on that in 2009 baby!
Do you think 2009 will top 2008?
I know it will!
Any big plans for 2009?
We're going to the temple!!
What did you love the most about 2008?
Settling in with my new little family
What did you not like about 2008?
The Economy, and the gas prices! LOL
Tuesday, December 30, 2008
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!! Here's a little survey about my 2008...
Monday, December 29, 2008
We had a fabulous Christmas this year. It was kind of a struggle getting me in the Christmas mood, but once I actually started doing my shopping and decorating it was lots of fun!
We were very lucky this year to be able to spend Christmas eve and Christmas day with both of our families. We went over to my parent's on Christmas eve afternoon and my mom and dad took the grandkids sledding. They had a ton of fun! After that, we got together and ate and opened presents. Then we headed out to Ken's sister's house to see his side of the family. We got there and we ate some more, and opened some more presents.
Christmas morning was spent with just our little family opening our gifts. Ken spoiled all of us and got us a new laptop! We are all very excited! After the gifts, we met up with Ken's family and went to see 'Bedtime Stories.' It was pretty cute, and the kids loved it.
Christmas was very nice, but I have to say, I am a little glad it's all over...
And don't mind Jared in his underwear...my boys hate wearing pajamas! :)
Monday, December 22, 2008
Friday, December 19, 2008
Wednesday, December 17, 2008
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Wrapping paper, and it has to match the tree!
2. Real tree or Artificial? Artificial...so easy, and the lights are already on it.
3. When do you put up the tree? After Thanksgiving
4. When do you take the tree down? Around the first of the new year
5. Do you like eggnog? Not really, I like about one sip. I can kinda handle it if I dilute it with some milk, but even then...
6. Favorite gift received as a child? Hmmm... Probably my American Girl doll Samantha
7. Hardest person to buy for? Dad
8. Easiest person to buy for? Jayne
9. Do you have a nativity scene? No, but I want one. I am too picky though.
10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail for sure!
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? Our lame Christmas gift from the Hospital this year. So lame!
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? Christmas Vacation
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? Well, I still haven't really "started" yet this year.
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? No, but not a bad idea...LOL
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Peppermint ice cream
16. Lights on the tree? A must, and they must be white
17. Favorite Christmas song? The Christmas Shoes
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? I love being able to just stay home. But we travel to go see the Gentrys every other year.
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Donner, Blitzen
20. Angel on the tree top or a star? Star
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Christmas morning
22. Favorite Christmas Tradition? Watching Christmas Vacation with my family
23. Favorite ornament, theme or color? This year I'm loving the black, white, red, and lime green theme!
24. Favorite Christmas dinner? Anything my mommy makes
25. What do you want for Christmas this year? Nothing really...Just want my kids and hubby to be happy. :)
Thursday, December 11, 2008
Friday, December 5, 2008
I saw this on my friend's blog, and I thought it might be kinda fun to confess some of my dirt...
* I have an obsession with Court TV (well, it's TRU TV now). I LOVE LOVE watching Forensic Files and The Investigators. I have thought about becoming a Private Investigator.
* I am totally OCD. I can't stand if things are crooked, I have to have all my clothes and shoes perfectly hung and matched up, I can't deal if I don't know where something is--I will look until I find it, I hate it when chairs aren't pushed in all the way, when I fold shirts they have to all be the same size or it drives me nuts... I could go on and on, but I won't. Ken LOVES living with me, it's so easy!!
* When I want something really bad I cannot stop thinking about it until I get it! I am spoiled! :)
* I am a huge list maker. I make lists for EVERYTHING! I love the feeling of taking something off a list.
* I love Hollywood gossip. I record Entertainment Tonight every day! I also love to watch True Hollywood Stories. I find celebrities so interesting.
* I check my blog and my email all day long!
* I hate to cook. Well, I don't hate it, but I don't love it. I would eat out every day if I could.
* I hate it when people kiss in front of me! That is not something I want to watch...A little peck is okay, but nothing more please!
* It drives me crazy to walk behind people that are so slow! Same goes with driving.
* I am fascinated by the body and how it works. I find myself reading stuff online all the time, just for fun.
* I love babies, and the little noises they make. So cute!
* I love going to the dentist. I know, I'm weird. But I love having my teeth cleaned.
* I get so frustrated by people that don't speak English, but they get mad at ME because I don't understand them.
* I think pierced noses are so cute! I love a little tiny stud in a cute little nose. If I could pull it off, I totally would.
* I like the feeling of getting my eyebrows waxed--It's a good pain!
Okay, I think that is enough about me. Now, let's hear some of your dirt!!! :)
Monday, December 1, 2008
I just love long weekends when I don't have to work. This Thanksgiving weekend was fabulous! I worked hard, played hard, ate a ton, and rested lots. It was awesome! We went to my mom and dad's house for the feast. I was in charge of the rolls. I make the rolls every year... This year I had a special little helper. And I must say, I think he added a little something to them this year. The food was all so tasty! I think it might be because I like food a lot more than I used to...maybe a little too much!?
We also saw a few movies this weekend. Ken and I took Aden to see Bolt. It was so cute! Then the two of us saw Four Christmases. It was really funny, and very good! We both really liked it. And I also went with my mom to see the much anticipated Twilight. I was very happy with it! I liked it a lot more than I thought I would. I will definitely see it again.
And of course we had to decorate the tree! That is my favorite part about Thanksgiving! Well, I like the food, but I just love that we are that much closer to Christmas!!!