Tuesday, March 10, 2009

My Best Buddy

I went and registered Aden for Kindergarten today, and I have to admit I am having a bit of a hard time with it! I just don't want him to be old enough to go to school! I want him to stay 4 forever. This is the best age--He is old enough to be pretty self sufficient, but he is still young enough that he is still my baby, and he still needs me. I love it!
So, this morning I woke him up and told him we were going to go sign him up for school, and he said, "Am I five already?" He has been looking forward to being 5 for a long time, and he can't wait to go to school with Jared.
After we left the "big kid" school I said, "Aden, I can't believe you are going to be in Kindergarten! It makes me a little bit sad because that means you are getting too big." He replied with, "Oh Mama, it's okay. I am still gonna be your best friend. Actually, I am gonna be your best friend until I am 100!" Oh, how I wish that were true! I just love my little guy!

9 comments:

Ken and Andrea. said...

That is the cutest thing ever! You have to remind him of that every so often, especially when he is a teenager! What a blessing that little guy is!!

Nicole Pimm said...

How sweet is that! I can't believe Aden is gonna be in school next year, I'll be honest...that makes me wanna cry!

Mike and Camie Buckwalter said...

I am with Nicole. I want to cry. He is so cute!

Kendall and Melissa said...

Oh, that is so sweet! What a cute kid. I think that I'll be really excited to send Avri off to kindergarten, but I'm sure when it comes down to it I'll be a little sad.

The Hiatt's said...

THAT IS SO ADORABLE! HE IS A SMART, CUTE LITTLE GUY!!

Chelsie said...

He is so cute! I love it!

esianoyam3 said...

Awww. That just melts my heart!

Grandpa Dave & GaGa Minnie said...

They grow up so fast, it seems like only yesterday that Minnie and I were powdering Ken's behind and look at him now.

We enjoy the blogs and watching the kids grow up. Thank you so much for the time and effort you put into this, it helps an old grandpa make it through his day.

We love you all very much
Grandpa and GaGa

AshleeMattMaxJack said...

Hey Kristen!
Your little man is SO cute!!!
Max is also SO excited for kindergarten this year! We go on Friday to orientation.
It makes me sad too, it's so hard for me to see them get so old!!