Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Many Thanks...

Since it is Thanksgiving this week, I thought I would write a little post about the MANY things I am thankful for.
I am thankful for Ken. He is my best friend, my partner, my better half, my soul mate. I often just sit and think about how lucky I was to find him, and how happy I am that he married me. I love that I get to come home to him every night.
I am thankful for Jayne. She is not only a daughter, but one of my best friends. She is only 12, but she is so mature that sometimes I forget she is only 12. She is such a big help around the house and with her little brothers. She is always there for me when I need someone to talk to or make me laugh.
I am thankful for Jared. He has such a mellow, carefree personality. I couldn't be more opposite, but it's so nice to have Jared around to make me laugh. He is the sweetest kid, and he tells all of us he loves us about 50 times a day. <3<3<3
I am thankful for Aden. He has been my little buddy from day one. He is my mini me. He makes me laugh all the time, and he knows how to make me feel loved. He still lets me snuggle him, and he promises to let me do that forever!
I am thankful for my parents. They are true examples of unconditional love. They have always been so good to me, and they have been a huge help in raising Aden. I don't know what I would have done without them.
I am thankful for my siblings. They are my best friends. I look forward to every time I get to hang out with one or all of them. They are all so different, but we all get along so well.
I am thankful for my in-laws. Dave and Minnie are the best in-laws anyone could ask for. They are always there when you need them, and they truly know how to love. My brother and sister in laws are also the best I could ask for.
I am thankful for my friends. Really close friends, or not as close, I am surrounded by good friends that I can always count on.
I am thankful for the gospel. I was blessed to be raised in the gospel, but recently it has become more important in my life, and I am so blessed to have that wonderful gift.
I am thankful for my job (well, sorta), my house, my health, the health of my family, and the blessing of living in the USA.
This is just scratching the surface of the many things I have to be thankful for. I truly am so blessed...

2 comments:

The Luke Family said...

You are so sweet, Kristen!

I am thankful for my lil sister!!

Marco Albrecht said...

Beautiful Kristen. Love you and I am thankful for ALL we have been through... I love what our children are to each other and I look forward to their future too!