Monday, April 27, 2009

One Lucky Girl...

Okay, it's confession time again... I have been in a little bit of a "slump" lately. I haven't been a very happy person, and I haven't been very fun to be around. I have been very focused on ME and all the things that are not going the way I think they should. Let me just say it, I have been very selfish lately. I have been having one giant pity party for the last few months! I have been so focused on all the "bad" things that I haven't opened my eyes to see that I am so blessed!
I had a total "Ah-ha" moment yesterday in Relief Society. I know, imagine that, right?!? I went to bed on Saturday night really not feeling up for 9:00 church, and I really had no desire to go. I woke up Sunday morning (right at 8:00, with exactly an hour to get up and going--perfect!) with a really strong feeling that I needed to go to church, and especially all three hours. I walked reluctantly into Relief Society (our church is backwards, and we have sacrament last) and our lesson was about being true disciples of Christ. The whole thing was amazing, and I felt like the lesson was written just for me! We talked about how instead of approaching things in our life with anger, we should approach them with love and look at our trials as a teaching/learning experience. I could totally relate to everything, and it was like a lightbulb went off in my head! I am so blessed with so many things and people in my life that I have no reason to be unhappy or angry all the time. I have an amazing husband who loves me even when I am not fun to be around, I have three healthy and happy kids who are so good to me, and I have the blessing of the Gospel in my life...which I need more now than I ever have before!
To top things off, I answered the door today and there was our neighbor standing there with a delivery for me--a dozen long stem red roses from Ken (which also tied in with my "life lesson" to see the beauty of the roses and not the thorns)...I really am ONE LUCKY GIRL!!

5 comments:

The Hiatt's said...

That is so awesome! I love little surprises like that. It is hard not to have "pity parties" when you feel down. Especially at the place we work ;)
I am glad that you felt the spirit and that it could lift you.
The gospel is so amazing.

Unknown said...

That is so cute! Made me get all tearied eyed. We all need those good "church moments" to kick us in shape!

The Luke Family said...

I am proud of you!

You are all grown up! ; )
I love you!!!!

Ken and Andrea. said...

Oh, honey! We ALWAYS go through times when it seems it can't get any worse!! But I am so glad that you are feeling better! You have an adorable husband... I'm still waiting for my Ken... still waiting...

Kendall and Melissa said...

Oh, that is so sweet! What a great ah-ha moment. Sometimes we need those to get us going again. Sometimes I feel like I'm driving my life on cruise control and I need a little tap on the breaks or something. Hope things are going a little better for you now.