Saturday, May 9, 2009

The BIG K

Aden and I went to Kindergarten Orientation yesterday. We had fun, but we were both a little nervous. I was sitting there looking at all of his fellow school mates, and I got thinking--What if he doesn't make friends? What if he gets picked on? What if he doesn't like his teacher? What if he needs me, and I am not there? All these thoughts were going through my head. My baby is growing up, and I am not always going to be there to protect him! It's scary! Just at that moment, Aden looked up at me and said "I'm nervous, Mama." I explained to him that it was okay to be nervous, and that most of the other kids were probably nervous too. But he jumped right into the activities, and I think the nervousness went away...at least for him...


5 comments:

The Hiatt's said...

that would be hard... they always say the first day of school is hard for the parents and teh children! Good luck to him! I am sure he will make lots of friends because he is awesome!!!

uncle josh said...

he'll do fine. if anyone messes with him, he'll just have to step on them with his giant feet

The Luke Family said...

WOW! This happened too quickly.
I will never forget dropping Sophie off for her first day of Kindergarden. Charlie was just 2 weeks old and I was so hormonal. She was the only one who cried and I of course cried too. It turned out to be a fantastic year! Seems like only yesterday.
*sigh*
Now she's almost a 4th grader!

Kendall and Melissa said...

That makes me nervous for K too! Avri will be in preschool this year and I'm nervous for that. Just drop her off and leave her there?!?! Ahh!

AshleeMattMaxJack said...

OH! That made me teary eyed- he is so cute! I feel your nervousness too Kristen!