Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Mother's Day

I just wanted to take a minute and thank all of the amazing mothers out there! I think every day should be Mother's Day. Being a mother is definitely the toughest job I have ever done...but I love every minute of it! I never knew what a tough job it was until I became a mother myself.

I look back on my childhood and I seriously don't know how my mom did what she did. When we were little she made dinner EVERY night, she made half of the clothes we wore, she did all of our laundry, she took us to the dentist every 6 months, she took us to our sporting events and dance competitions, she did everything! I have so much adoration and respect for my mom. She is the strongest woman I know, and I feel very lucky to have her for my mom. I hope that one day I can be half the mother that she is and was.

For this Mother's Day I was totally spoiled by Ken. He got me the greatest gift! It is an iRobot...yeah, you know, one of those robot vacuums that does all the work for you. You just have to push a little button and that thing wanders around the whole house cleaning up! It is amazing! We just sat and watched it for a while the other night. There were two little crumbs that we had our eye on, and we were just waiting for Robert (Yes, we already named him) to pick them up. He works in a very specific pattern, so it took him a minute...he kept going right next to where the crumbs were. But, after a few minutes of waiting (not so patiently) he got the crumbs we had our eyes on! I was so excited about it that I let out a "GO ROBERT!" Ha ha ha, now that I think about it, that is pretty pathetic. Anyway, I love my new gift. Thank you Ken!

3 comments:

Rachel said...

The perfect gift: practical and thoughtful. Way to go, Ken!

Chelsie said...

I love it! Thats hilarious. I feel better know that I am not the only one who cheers for inanimate objects! Happy Mothers Day!

Nicole said...

I want one, I want one, I want one, I want one, I want one, I LOVE IT!!!! Congrats!