Friday, June 26, 2009

Here's to THE Hubs

Marriage is tough. Anyone who tells you otherwise is LYING. Anyone who has been married knows this.
I am not an easy one to be married to. If Ken tells you I am, he is LYING. Anyone who knows me well knows this.
I am the most anal, OCD, have to have things done MY way, and there is no other right way to do it kind of person there is. I'm working on it. But it's not working. I think I need therapy or something (seriously!). I get SO frustrated sometimes that I just want to punch something (Okay, not really, but I have thought about it!). I'm to the point where if the glass marbles in my little candle arrangement aren't perfectly "arranged" it makes me NUTTY! Ken calls me Bree from Desperate Housewives. (I only wish that I could stay home all day and keep my house as perfect as hers! That would seriously make me happy.)
BUT, that isn't reality. I know this. I know that I have 3 kids at home, and kids don't clean up after themselves. I know that when the books aren't stacked biggest to smallest it doesn't bother most people. I know that I am not the normal one, but I forget that most of the time, and I have my little freak out moments when I want to just sit and cry about it.
Ken always has a way of bringing me back to "normal people" reality. He helps me to see that I am so lucky to have the well behaved, obedient, freakin awesome kids that I do, and that it really doesn't matter if our house isn't spotless or TRULY organized. And the best part is that he STILL loves me. Even after I have my meltdowns, and I think that life is over because our house is a "disaster" (in my eyes). He still loves me, and I am so lucky for that!! Thanks, Ken. I love you LOTS!!

6 comments:

KT said...

I freaking love your candidness!!! HAHAHA :-D Awesome. Refreshing to read a blog where it's not all, "aww marriage is sooo easy/perfect/wonderful" not that it can't be at times or even often like you said, but you know...anyway :)

Ken and Andrea. said...

I love you, girl! Lessons such as these aren't always easy to learn!! Sometimes it is better to NOT take your happy temperature all the time, and instead just believe you are! Ken is fab, and he is as lucky to have you as you are to have him! Keep that in mind, my dear! I love your craziness!! You deal with mine! I think that's what it is all about!

Ski Bike Junkie said...

I have to admit that if Bree was walking around in THAT outfit, I'd have a hard time noticing what the house looked like.

The Luke Family said...

WE MUST BE SISTERS!!!

IF YOU FIND THE ANSWER LET ME IN ON IT!!

LOVE YOU!

The Hiatt's said...

Marriage is hard... and it is nice when your hubby loves you for you.. no matter how nutty you get! :D

Life with Langleys: Utah Chapter said...

Oh, Kristen,
You should never come to my house.....it would push you over the edge. I've long given up on having a tidy, organized house. At least while I have children living in it....I've learned to "appreciate" the clutter and messes because I know my kids won't be around with me forever and that someday I may be wishing for them AND their messes to be back!!!