Monday, June 23, 2008

Our Baby Boy Is Four Years Old!!!

Happy, Happy birthday to Aden! I can't believe that 4 years ago today I gave birth to our little 6 pound 9 ounce baby boy. From the minute I first held him he has been my constant companion. He definitely changed my life in 2004, and he continues to do so every day. Now, he is a tall, skinny, 42 pound kid (but still my baby)! He has a really funny personality, and he is ALWAYS making everyone laugh. If I am having a bad day, he can make me happy within a few minutes. I can't stay mad at him for long because when he knows I am mad he says, "Mama, are you still mad at me?" As soon as I hear his sweet little voice the anger is gone, and I can honestly say that I am not mad. He definitely knows how I work!
We celebrated his birthday yesterday with our families. Yesterday afternoon Aden couldn't stop talking about his party and who was coming. He would watch the cars outside and every one that went by he would say, "I think someone is here for my party!" It was so cute! When the time finally came for the party, my dad and mom were the first to arrive and he yells out to all of us, "We have our first customers!!!" It was hilarious! As the people started arriving and our little house was getting fuller and fuller we noticed that Aden was missing. I found him in the bathroom. He was near tears as he said, "Mama, I want everyone to go home. I don't want to be 4 anymore." It took a little coaxing to get him out of the bathroom, and within a few minutes he was just fine, and enjoying the party.
Here's to a Happy Birthday for Aden! We love you, buddy.

2 comments:

Nicole said...

Happy 4th Birthday A!!!! I remember when you were born I was so excited to meet you! And you have been my special little friend ever since. I love you Aden.

Mike and Camie Buckwalter said...

Happy Birthday Aden!! I hope you had a great 4th birthday.