Monday, June 16, 2008

Two Amazing Fathers

I have to say that I am one lucky girl! I am so blessed to have two of the most amazing fathers as part of my life. Since it was Father's Day yesterday, I want to take a minute and tell you about the two important fathers in my life.

Let me start off with my dad. If I had to describe my dad in one word (which isn't easy to do) I would say that he is my hero (I guess that is two words). Ever since I was a little girl I have looked up to my dad so much! He is the kindest, most generous man I have ever met. If anyone ever needed anything, my dad would be the first to silently jump up and help. There were many times growing up that I saw my dad do acts of service for those around him. He never did it so that he could get the credit, he did it because he genuinely wants to help people.
My dad is probably the hardest worker I have ever met. He is always working on a project around the house or in the yard. He wakes up at the crack of dawn so that he can get a head start on his day. I have always admired that about my dad, and he taught us kids about the value of work.
My dad has such a big heart. He is a big, strong man, but he is so gentle and comforting. My favorite memories of my dad are from when I was little and I would sit on his lap, and he would rock me and sing to me. I felt so safe and so loved in his big strong arms. I have enjoyed watching my dad do the same thing with Aden. My dad and Aden spent a good portion of Aden's first few years on the front porch in the rocking chair. I am so glad that Aden and I can share the same special memories of my dad.

Now, let me tell you about the other very special father in my life... Jayne, Jared, and Aden's daddy. Ken is the best thing that ever happened to me and our kids. He is the glue that holds our whole family together. He is such a strong person, and he has so much love in his heart for all of us!
I admire Ken so much for all that he does. He makes sure that all of us are taken care of before he even thinks about himself. We all know that if we ever need anything, we can count on him. I can't even count how many times he has gone to the store in the middle of the night to get something for me or the kids. He is always making sure that I get my prescriptions dropped off and picked up, which I rarely do, so he ends up doing it for me. When I am sick he forces me to take medicine so that I get feeling better. :) When any of us are sad he has a way of cheering us up. He is always making us laugh with his crazy singing and dancing. He plays games with the kids. And most of all, he is my best friend and partner always!


Happy Father's Day to two awesome dads!!! I love you both!

4 comments:

LoriAlbrecht said...

That was such a sweet post! I loved it! :)

Nicole said...

That's tender. Dads are so great! I sure love papa Dave!

Unknown said...

I can't believe thats Dave! It seriously has been too long. Over 10 years! Crazy

The Luke Family said...

So sweet! I love to read your blog!