Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Concert in the Park

Last night my mom, Nicole, the kids, and I went to a concert in the park downtown. It was Peter Brienholt and Nancy Hanson! I LOVE them both, so it was AWESOME! I love being downtown at night, and it was so nice to just sit on our blankets in the grass and listen to some tunes. I even got up and danced for a little bit with Aden.
They didn't have a song schedule so they opened it up to requests. Nicole and I asked Jared to go up and request 'What About', and with a little bribery from Nicole he did it! Unfortunately, they ran out of time and didn't have time to play our song. Peter said, "I need the little boy that requested a song to come and see me after the show. I don't have time to play your request, but I will make it up to you." So, after the show we all headed up to talk to Peter. Jared was so excited! Peter asked me for a piece of paper, and before I could even answer him Jared says "You can write on my arm!!" Peter proceeded to write on Jared's arm (with a permanent sharpie) 'Give Jared a "Best Of" CD' and signed his name. Jared was THRILLED! I then asked if we could get a picture with him, and when I turned around to gather the kids Jared was already on his way to get the CD. So, Jayne got a picture with Peter (Aden was too shy). We talked to him for a minute about the Gentry family. He grew up with Ken and Uncle Rick, so he thought it was really cool that Ken's kids came to watch him. We had a really fun time! The kids were all really excited, and Jared vowed to never wash his arm again...

2 comments:

The Luke Family said...

So fun!!! I LOVE Peter and Nancy!
I did not know Ken grew up with him. Very cool....

Way to go Jared!

TANNAHILLS said...

How fun!!! Nicole said I missed a good show..... we should all go when he is at TGP! And your hair is so freakin cute!!!