Monday, October 6, 2008

The BIG Day

Today was the BIG day! We went to our hearing at 9:00 this morning. It was a surprisingly easy process. The judge just went over all the paperwork, had us officially sign the documents, and talked to us about things for a little bit. (She was a really great judge) She asked Aden if he wanted to be adopted, and he just nodded his head and looked down (smiling). She also asked Jayne and Jared if they wanted Aden to be their brother, and they both said yes too. After it was all done she let Jared go up and sit at the witness stand and talk in the microphone. Jayne even got to sit in the judge's seat! It was a fun experience for all of us. At the very end, Aden said to me, "Is my last name Gentry now?" I said yes, and he ran over to Papa and whispered in his ear, "Papa, my last name is Gentry now!" It was a really special day, and I am glad my dad was able to be there with all of us.

I feel so lucky to have found such a great man that loves my baby enough to do this. Ken is so special to Aden and me. I know it wasn't an accident that we all found each other. I knew from day one that Ken was the man I wanted for a husband and a father to Aden. It just made my day when we got home today and I overheard Aden say to Ken "Daddy, I am so glad I got adopted!" and Ken said, "Me too!"




15 comments:

dave said...

It was a special day and thanks for letting me be there with you. The process was really simple and everything went very smoothly. You are a very wonderful family and thanks to Ken, Jayne, and Jared for welcoming Aden into their family and thanks to Kristen for being a great Mom to three great kids. Have a wonderful future as the Gentry Family.

Dad

Anonymous said...

Congrats. We are all so happy for you.

Ski Bike Junkie said...

So wonderful!! I am so happy for all of you. What a lovely memory to keep forever!

Ski Bike Junkie said...

That was from Rachel...sorry! It probably didn't sound like Mark, did it? :)

TANNAHILLS said...

Congrats!!! Yeah.. I am so happy for your sweet family!

steele life said...

YEA!!! That is so exciting! I am so happy for you guys! one big happy family now!

Us said...

Congratulations!! We are very excited for you! You all just look like you fit together so well. I hope a certain other two can get the mother they deserve one day, too.

Anonymous said...

Woohoo!! Congrats guys. I love you.

The Luke Family said...

cOnGrAtUlAtIoNs!!!!!!
iT All wOrKeD oUt pErFeCtLy!!

Love,

Karyn

Kendall and Melissa said...

Wow! How great! You all seriously look like you just fit right together. I'm so glad you found a great guy (with a great name, too!).

Kathy said...

Congratulations to everyone! I am so happy for you. Thanks for sharing your pictures and your experience. We love you!

Anonymous said...

Okay, that is by far the cutest thing I have ever heard! How precious is that? I am so glad that you found a good guy to take such great care of you and Aden. Ken is lucky to have you guys in his life. He sounds like such an amazing guy! I have only met him one time, but he seams WONDERFUL! Congratulations on the adoption process being OVER!

Anonymous said...

Congrats! i am so sorry i haven't been more supportive throughout all of this, but just know i love all of you and i am so thrilled for your awesome family! GO GENTRY'S! I LOVE YOU LOTS AND LOTS AND LOTS!!!!

Anonymous said...

Ken & Kristen, congratulations on making it official. You have a lovely family and I wish all of you the best. Your long lost Aunt who thinks of you all often, Renee

esianoyam3 said...

Congratulations! Your story made me teary-eyed.