Wednesday, October 15, 2008

I Love to See the Temple...I'm Going There Some Day


As many of you know, I am the Sunbeam teacher at church...yeah, I know! Anyway, we have been practicing for our upcoming primary program. As I sat there on Sunday and listened to the sweet little kids in the primary sing "I love to see the temple, I'm going there some day..." it really touched me. I looked down at Aden (yes, he is in my class) and he was singing his little heart out. It was so cute! I just had to hold back tears as I thought about the words he was singing. Like I told my mom when he was born, I think he came to me for a reason, and that reason was to help me to be a better person. He really has changed my life, and I am a stronger person because of him.

Ken and I have been taking the Temple Prep classes for the last month and a half. We go on Tuesday nights, and we have the cutest little couple that teaches our class. I find myself really looking forward to Tuesday nights, not only because Ken gets off work early those days, but because we get to leave the chaos of our home and go and learn about the temple. Last night got me especially excited to go. I can't wait for the day that I get to be sealed to Ken and Aden for eternity!! What a special blessing for all of us.

5 comments:

Kathy said...

What a sweet entry Kris! I too enjoyed our primary program on Sunday. There is such an innocent spirit about kids that makes those primary songs all the more powerful. Enjoy your temple prep classes. I am excited for you!

Kathy

TANNAHILLS said...

I think most of the time our children teach us more than we teach them! I think it is awsome you and Ken are taking temple prep... every little bit helps! I am excited for the day you can be sealed to your sweet family!

steele life said...

YAY! That is really sweet. I loved hearing the primary sing that song.I loved having that same "sweet couple" teach me and sam. It was amazing that they could be there when sammy went through. I had already been but it was a long time since i was back. But it was so amazing. We can't wait for you guys to go. Do you have a date? Sammy and I aren't sealed but we are in december in south carolina. His home town. But it was fun to sit by you in church. We need to hang out more!

The Luke Family said...

Kristen~

You are AMAZING!!! Thanks for your example of being a great person. You teach me too and you are my baby sister.
I love you!!

Kendall and Melissa said...

Isn't it amazing how much kids teach you, when it seems like it should be the other way around? I think that every trial and situation in our lives happens for a reason. So do you have an estimate of when you might be going to the temple, or a temple in mind? That is so cool. Kendall's sister is getting sealed to her husband this summer, and we are going to try to come out for it. I can't imagine what a cool experience it would be to be able to be in the temple WITH your kids and all in white and everything. Wow!