Ken and I went to Aden's very first Preschool program yesterday. It was ADORABLE! They sang the cutest little songs. I had my video camera all ready to go, and half way through the program it died! Of course! So, here is half of the program...(Oh, and go down to the bottom of my page and pause my tunes! And turn on your sound!)
Here's a cute little song about the months...
Christopher Columbus...kinda delayed...thought they were starting, but they didn't...
Boa "unstrictor"...little nose pick action...check out that enunciation!
I put what under my chair??...
Thursday, October 30, 2008
Tuesday, October 28, 2008
I just wanted to give a shout out to my brother Adam. He recently popped THE question, and he got a YES!! I am so happy for him. He is an awesome guy, and I am so glad that he has found someone that makes him happy. Congratulations Adam and Tori! I love you, big brother.
Friday, October 24, 2008
I just got the sad news that my Bishop from when I was growing up passed away this morning. He was such an amazing man. He was always outside with the kids talking to us, and joking around with us. He used to call me his "little campaign manager" because when I heard the news that we were getting a new bishop, I KNEW it was going to be Gordon! I told everyone "Gordo is gonna be our new bishop!" and he always just smiled. He was a really great man, and he will be missed!
Tuesday, October 21, 2008
I know, I have gone a little crazy with the posts lately, but this one was too funny not to post! Last night I decided to do some Yoga, and the kids decided they wanted to join me. It was hilarious!! Aden was actually really good at all of the poses. Jared didn't last very long-- he got bored and wanted to watch TV instead. Jayne and I stuck it out for the whole thing. I am sore this morning, and now I am wondering if the kids are too. Oops. Sorry guys!
Monday, October 20, 2008
On Saturday night I went with my mom, my sisters, Jayne and my nieces to Thanksgiving Point for a girls night out! It was pretty fun. We got new names for the night-- I was 'Countess Fiesty Pants' (very appropriate, I thought) and Jayne was 'Viscountess Tiger Lily'. We walked around and looked at all the fun stuff there was to buy, had some yummy food, and just enjoyed a night with the girls. Thanks to everyone who came!
Friday, October 17, 2008
So, the other night when Ken got home from work, probably about 1 am, I was sound asleep. As the TV came on I woke up a little... and when I heard what came out of his mouth I was wide awake!
Ken: So, I bought something...it's a new remote.
Kristen: UM, why? We already have 3 remotes!! Why would we need another one?!
Ken: It's a special football remote... It's a Falcons remote.
Ken: It's an infared remote.
Kristen: So? How much did you pay for it?
Ken: How much is too much?
Kristen: $10.00 would be too much! How much?
Ken: Around $25.00...but I could point it at the wall and it would still work.
Kristen: Like it's hard to point it at the TV?
Ken: Well, sometimes it is, when the blankets are piled up they get in the way.
Kristen: Sigh...(I knew there was no changing his mind. Can't wait for the awesome remote to arrive!)
My friend from high school (Melissa) tagged me, so I am gonna do this fun little tag!
1) Did you date someone from your school? Yeah, a few guys. Nothing too serious though. Well, back then it was serious, but not now that I look back on it.
2) What kind of car did you drive? I drove a 1992 Ford Explorer. I loved it, it was my baby! Katie and I used to go and wash it every week, and she always made sure it was full of gas...thanks Katie! :)
3) Did you pass your driver's license test the first time? Of course I did!
4) Were you a party animal? Uh, NO. Not one little bit.
5) Were you considered a flirt? Nope
6) Were you in band, orchestra, or choir? Uh, No again. Not so musical...
7) Were you a nerd? I don't really think so.
8) Were you on any varsity teams? No, gave up on basketball by that point.
9) Did you ever get expended or expelled? No, I didn't go to school a whole lot my senior year, but that was my choice.
10) Can you still sing your fight song? Um, I couldn't back then, and I still can't.
11) Who were your favorite teachers? I loved Mrs. P and Mrs. Russell. Oh, and Mr. Bergholm was really cool too.
12) Where did you sit at lunch? On the steps.
13) What is your school's full name? Lehi High School
14) School mascot and colors. Pioneers, purple and white. Go Pioneers!!!
15) Did you go to homecoming and who with? Um, I know I went, but I can't remember who with. I know my Senior year I went with Beaver. OH, junior year was Kevin Anthony.
16) If you could go back and do it again, would you? I would, but I would do a lot of things differently.
17) What do you remember most about graduation? That it was long and boring, and that I just wanted to be out of there.
18) Where did you go on Senior Skip Day? Every day was senior skip day for me!! ;)
19) Were you in any clubs? Yeah. National Honor Society, and HOSA (Health Occupation Students of America). Maybe I take back my answer on question 7...maybe I was a nerd!
20) Have you gained weight since then? Um, Yes! But let's not talk about how I was a size 2 in High School...it makes me cry.
21) Who was your prom date? Um, Kevin again, and Bronson.
22) Are you planning on going to your 10 year reunion? No, I keep in touch with everyone that I want to see. I have no desire to go.
23) Did you have a job while in high school? I worked at Hogi Yogi, and then Junior and senior year I worked for a chiropractor.
Now I tag everyone, and I want Ken to do this one too!!! Come on, baby! :)
Wednesday, October 15, 2008
As many of you know, I am the Sunbeam teacher at church...yeah, I know! Anyway, we have been practicing for our upcoming primary program. As I sat there on Sunday and listened to the sweet little kids in the primary sing "I love to see the temple, I'm going there some day..." it really touched me. I looked down at Aden (yes, he is in my class) and he was singing his little heart out. It was so cute! I just had to hold back tears as I thought about the words he was singing. Like I told my mom when he was born, I think he came to me for a reason, and that reason was to help me to be a better person. He really has changed my life, and I am a stronger person because of him.
Ken and I have been taking the Temple Prep classes for the last month and a half. We go on Tuesday nights, and we have the cutest little couple that teaches our class. I find myself really looking forward to Tuesday nights, not only because Ken gets off work early those days, but because we get to leave the chaos of our home and go and learn about the temple. Last night got me especially excited to go. I can't wait for the day that I get to be sealed to Ken and Aden for eternity!! What a special blessing for all of us.
Monday, October 6, 2008
Today was the BIG day! We went to our hearing at 9:00 this morning. It was a surprisingly easy process. The judge just went over all the paperwork, had us officially sign the documents, and talked to us about things for a little bit. (She was a really great judge) She asked Aden if he wanted to be adopted, and he just nodded his head and looked down (smiling). She also asked Jayne and Jared if they wanted Aden to be their brother, and they both said yes too. After it was all done she let Jared go up and sit at the witness stand and talk in the microphone. Jayne even got to sit in the judge's seat! It was a fun experience for all of us. At the very end, Aden said to me, "Is my last name Gentry now?" I said yes, and he ran over to Papa and whispered in his ear, "Papa, my last name is Gentry now!" It was a really special day, and I am glad my dad was able to be there with all of us.
I feel so lucky to have found such a great man that loves my baby enough to do this. Ken is so special to Aden and me. I know it wasn't an accident that we all found each other. I knew from day one that Ken was the man I wanted for a husband and a father to Aden. It just made my day when we got home today and I overheard Aden say to Ken "Daddy, I am so glad I got adopted!" and Ken said, "Me too!"
Thursday, October 2, 2008
So...We have our hearing date!!!! It is scheduled for Monday, October 6th! I am so excited. This is the day we have been waiting for! I submitted all the paperwork to the court on Tuesday, and I can't even believe how quickly we got our hearing date. Ken says he is going to have to watch Aden very closely these next few days to make sure that he wants to go through with it. We are all so very excited, and we feel so blessed that it all went so smoothly.