Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Whatever, Martha!!

I have been feeling a bit crafty lately. Maybe it's because I have been trying to cut down on my shopping, or maybe it's because Ken told me I am not allowed to buy any more furniture until we move (he doesn't want any more to move than we already have). So, we have this dresser...and it is OLD! I am talking, like, it used to be my grandparent's, and then it was my parent's, and now it is ours...Old! But it is really nice and really heavy wood! Anyway, it started out a mahogony color, when my mom gave it to me I painted it black (all the furniture in our house is black). Well, I am kinda bored with it...so I decided to change it up! I took off all the handles/knobs, got some new and updated knobs, found some cute wrapping paper (thanks Nicole), and sat down with some Mod Podge...

Here is what it started out looking like:


And here is the final look:


And here is a close up look:

8 comments:

Us said...

Wow, great job, I like it! It looks very modern and professional.

Unknown said...

I love it! It looks so good. Watch out the whole decorating thing is addicting!

Nicole said...

Good JOB!!! I am so proud of you! How do you feel about BIGGER knobs!?

Chelsie said...

Amazing!! It looks gorgeous! I really should do that to some of my furniture!

esianoyam3 said...

That looks soooo goood! I wish I could figure out how to be crafty. :)

steele life said...

WOW thats awesome! you did such a great job. It looks great!

The Luke Family said...

BeAuTiFuL!!!!!!!!!

I am So PrOuD oF yOu!!

GrAndMa wOulD lOvE It!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kendall and Melissa said...

Way to go Martha Stewart! That's great. I love trying and learning new things. It makes me feel like I can do more than just change diapers and feed kids.