Tuesday, November 25, 2008

A Bad Day Gone Bad

I just hate those days where everything seems to go wrong! Yesterday was one of those days. I just kept thinking it couldn't get any worse, but it just kept going!
It all started with my stupid car. Well, my car issues started about a month ago, but they have just gotten worse and worse (more on that in a bit). So, I was driving to work yesterday morning in my stupid car (I know, weird!), and I was on Foothill Drive in the rush hour morning traffic--which is constant stop and go the whole time! Well, every time I went to stop I would hear this beautiful scraping sound. I would literally close my eyes and pray that I was going to stop in time, and that I wouldn't hit the car in front of me. Luckily I made it to work without harming myself or anyone around me. Then I got a text from Ken asking me to meet him at the dealership with my car so they could see what was wrong with it. Good that we were finally going to get it looked at, but bad because I really didn't want to get in it again! My wonderful boss was kind enough to let me leave for a little while and take my car in. So I headed out to the front of the hospital to wait for the shuttle (we have to park far away and then they shuttle us to the hospital). After about 15 minutes of waiting, the 'O-Zone' bus finally came. I was kindly waiting for all the passengers to unload before I got on...and when I went to step into the bus...'SMASH!!' yes, that was me getting smashed in the bus door. Apparently the bus driver didn't see me getting on! Ouch! Then when I finally got on I got harassed by an Asian lady (I won't even tell you the conversation that went on between us). I dropped my car off at the dealership hoping and praying that it was going to be something that was covered by the warranty, but at the back of my mind I knew it wasn't. Ken then took me back up to work, which was nice that I didn't have to get smashed by the bus door again. When I got back to work I was greeted with loads and loads of work. I have been doing about 4 peoples jobs for the last couple of months, and I just don't have enough time in my days to get all the work done. Not to mention that everyone I talked to on the phone yesterday was not exactly nice. I won't go into all of that though... I also found out that it was my brakes and roders that needed to be fixed, which I was pretty sure was going to be the case. So, $370.00 later, at least my car was fixed! Merry Christmas to me! Next, we have my wonderful phone issues. I got a Blackberry Pearl about 5 months ago. Since then, I have had 4 or 5 replacement Pearls. I have the worst luck with phones! So yesterday I was trying to get my newest one all set up. Nothing on it was working! I was literally on the phone with T-Mobile for probably 6 hours of the day yesterday. I was so not happy!! I talked to about 5 different people, and none of them could make my new phone work. One of the guys told me that I needed a new SIM card. After work I headed to the store to get me a new one. I got to the store and they told me I had to go to another store because they were out. So, I drive to the other store and get a new SIM card. Finally, something that went smoothly! As I am driving home with my new SIM card in hand, I decided to put it in my phone and fix the problem...WRONG! The new SIM card didn't work either! I got home and told Ken what the issue was. I got my phone out to call T-Mobile YET AGAIN, and Ken offered to call for me. I think he was nervous I was going to rip someones head off, or say something that I shouldn't. So he was on the phone talking to them, and we were still getting nowhere. I was so frustrated! By that point I was just done with the whole day! In the end, I ended up just sticking with my previous phone and my previous SIM card. At least it somewhat works...
After all of that I was just fried. I had nothing left to offer anyone. I finally just broke down and cried. Ken was good to comfort me and just let me get it all out. What a crappy day!!!!
Sorry that you had to listen to all of that...

7 comments:

The Luke Family said...

So SO SorrY!!!!

I almost cried reading that!

Love you!
Here's to a better day!!!!

Unknown said...

Oh...so sad! I hope you have a better day to today and remember chocolate and Dr.Pepper cures everything!

Kendall and Melissa said...

Doesn't it feel good to get that all off your chest and then everyone else can feel bad for you so that you don't have to wallow in it alone? So miserable. Hope things get much better for you!

Unknown said...

Can I just tell you reading the part where you had to pay 370.00 I got a call on my car saying that I had to have the same thing and the same price!! How crazy is that. I new it had to be done because the sqeak my breaks were making but I didn't get it fixed fast enough! Lets add to that that Bostons glasses cost 200.00 all in one day our Christmas money goes down the drain!! LOL I hope you have a better day today!!

Nicole said...

I hate sucky days! I'm sorry!

steele life said...

YIKES!!!! That is a sad story. I have bad days all the time, so you should call me and we can complain about them together. I really hope you have a better day, and some great holiday's comin up. I wont be in church on sunday, I'll be down gambling in vegas. I leave today, which is thanksgiving. And might not come back till sunday or monday. I know, jealous right! Just kidding, have a great weekend.

Anonymous said...

dude, get back IN with verizon. Love ya, sis. Call me next time you have a crappy day and we'll go toilet paper someone you hate. It'll make it all better.